You make your way through the dank passage to the shepherd's island of New Magincia. You exit the cave to see the beautiful islands' glass towers and domes in ruins. You must now prove your Humility in order for the corrupt shrine to show itself so that you may heal it and return another virtue's true influence to Britannia
- After you exit the cave, look to your left and you'll see a broken tower sticking up out of the water. You can climb up and drop down into this tower. Drop underwater and you can get some gold and an amethyst gem. To get out, swim up to the ramp inside the tower and walk up out of the water. Jump out from here.
- Off to the North is a broken dome with a Binding Pentagram. Farther to the North is the New Magincia Moongate. To the left of the cave exit is a grassy area where the path up the cliffs begins. Follow it all the way up, twisting around several times, and going through a fallen tower. Watch out for wolves and vultures buzzing around. Until you complete the Quest here, they will regenerate and attack you on sight. Once on top of the plateau, head East and look for a lone lady wandering around in the ruins.
- On the top of the plateau area is a large, stone,tower sticking straight up out of the ground. There is an opening in the side, and several platforms circling the inside of it. Jump up these platforms to get to a chest at the top. The chest contains a Create Reagents Scroll and some gold. There's a gnarled staff laying on the top platform also.
- This lone Shepherd is Katrina. She has stayed behind to take care of the sheep and goats that still wander the island. She is full of information. She tells you more about the whirlpools, where to find the Glyph, that the Shrine has been submerged and how to make it reappear, the Mantra (LUM), and that she has the Sigil of Humility. She will only give you the Sigil if you can get rid of the wolves and vultures. She gives you hints about how to get rid of both these scavengers. There's not much in Katrina's dwelling to take. Just a necklace in her bedchest.
- Vultures: Clearing out the Vultures is very easy, but it isn't very obvious what you have to do. Back near the tower that makes a bridge to the main island is a stone pillar that has fallen against a rocky peak. Climb up the pillar and cast Ignite on the Vulture's Nest found up here. This starts a fire that scares the vultures away.
- Wolves: Clearing the wolves out involves finding the Alpha Male and killing it. The Alpha male can be found on an island SW of the main one. To get here, go back down to the shore with the cave to Buc's Den. Follow the shore around to the west and swim across to another island with a large, intact, glass dome.The Alpha Wolf is inside this dome. There are a lot of wolves on this island protecting their leader, so be careful. If you don't feel like taking any chances, you can kill the Alpha Wolf without even entering the dome. On the Southeast side of the dome is a spot where a lot of blue glass is missing. Get the Alpha Wolf to come at you, and you can hit it through this hole, and it can't touch you. Inside the dome you'll find some gold and a Shepherd's Crook (not the Sigil).
- Between the wolf island and the main island is a very large tower that's partially submerged underwater. If you swim up to the East side of this tower and dive underwater, you'll find you can swim up inside of it. There's a chest floating inside here. It contains some gold, 2 yellow potions, and some Chain Gauntlets.
- Return to Katrina once you've accomplished both tasks and she will give you the Crook of Humility. She had told you that if a "truely humble person were to stand on the Promontory to the North, that the Shrine would be revealed to them". Being the Avatar, you of course are Humble enough for the task, so you take your stand on the promontory.
- The Promontory is located on the north end of the island. From the top of the plateau, look along the northwest edge for the beginning of some stone platforms that wind down the cliff-side. Jump down and you'll eventually come to a lone, stone slab on a flat, grassy area. With the Crook in your possession, stand on the stone, and the Shrine rises out of the water below you to reveal itself. (WARNING!! A bug in the game allows you to go right to this point without the Sigil. If you go down to Ambrosia before completing Katrina's request, the game may go into a locked state and you can't progress. OSI said they fixed the problem of the plot stopping, but I wouldn't take the chance myself. DO KATRINA'S QUEST FIRST!)
- Go and speak with the Shrine using the mantra (LUM). The corrupt Shrine requests you to find the Sigil and the Glyph of Pride to heal it and bring Humility back to Britannia. The game breaks to a movie scene and shows the Avatar diving down to the city of Ambrosia to seek out the Glyph...