Part 7: Complete Walkthrough - Plateau/Cemetary
You follow the path Bentic told you to, and it leads to a cave. You enter the cave and it is full of undead and a puzzle involving levers and a gate. First, though, is having to jump from stone to stone to get to the gate. After the lever puzzle is solved and the gate rises, you make your way out of the cave, and are on the Plateau. You see a path to the south and decide to follow it. Eventually it leads to a strange house. You decide to enter and are confronted by many traps. You quickly run through and find yourself in a completely different environment. You eventually find Mythran and learn your next goal on this strange world. You also get a strange item that will make your quest much easier: The Recall Item.
- While jumping across the stones, if you go all the way to the west of the water area, you will find a chest. Try to stand as far away from it as possible, as it is trapped; or if you have a destroy trap scroll, use it.
In the chest, you will find a hoard of scrolls: healing, restoration, etc.
- Search the skeletons' bodies for potions!
- If you can't seem to get by the electric gate, stand under the NW corner of the small plateau in the cave, and climb up. Watch out for a Ghoul.
- To solve the lever puzzle, go across the rope bridge north of the little island with the winch on it. Pull all the levers that don't have bones or skulls in front of them, then pull the lever that was broken on the little island south of the bridge. The Gate will then open.
- Kill all the Ghouls you can. They're the best way to increase your strength throughout the game.
- To avoid the traps at the beginning of Mythran's house, run as fast as you can as soon as you are able to when you enter.
- Tell Mythran you have many questions and that you wish to leave Pagan. Tell him that you ARE NOT kidding. He will then tell you to seek out the Necromancers first, if you haven't already. He then gives you the Recall Item. Walk to the east end of the second floor and activate the Recall Pad. To use the Recall Item, double-click on it and pick your destination. Anywhere you have activated a Recall Pad, you will be able to travel there.
- After Mythran tells you it's ok to take what you want, go downstairs (if you're not already there) and into his closet (the rooms with the casks in it). In the backpack you will find Korghin's Fang.
Also take the couple obsidion coins on his shelf in the front.
- Read the books around his house to learn more about Pagan and gain some hints for what's to come.
- Before you enter Mythran's house, in the NW section of the Plateau is a cave. In the cave, at the far East is
Bonecrusher. Note: There is no way to open the big doubledoors in the cave!
You return to Tenebrae using the new Recall Item given to you by Mythran, and you seek out the Cemetary beyond East Tenebrae. The guard at the gate tells you that the East Road leads North to the Cemetary and to be wary of the undead. You follow the road North to the Cemetary entrance and enter. You see a small dirt road and decide to follow it. Along the way, Ghouls attack you. You eventually come to a gate entrance to a Monastary. There you meet Vividos, the apprentice Necromancer. From him you learn a dagger was stolen by Mordea. You promise him you'll return it. You go back to the palace and confront Mordea. She says nothing, so you decide to talk to the servants. The girl Aramina seems to know something, and asks you to meet her at her house during Bloodwatch. Once the dagger is returned, you are made witness to the Necromancer's most sacred ritual: The Ceremony of Eternity.
- Vividos tells you about the Necromancer's past and about the dagger that Mordea stole. Ask about joining them. Continue to ask about the necromancer's until you can ask about Mordea. Ask about the dagger and offer to get it.
- Aramina holds the "key" to the dagger. If you catch her in the palace (she's the woman in white dress), she will tell you to meet her at her house in East Tenebrae. To get to her house, go to ET. Walk south from the entrance to the first left. Walk left until the road comes to a T. Turn south until you get to a crossroads. Turn east until you see a wooden house will a water trough out front. That's her house. Like she said, she is only there at Bloodwatch. Ask her about the dagger, promise her she won't get into trouble, and she will give you the key to Mordea's Bedroom.
- To get to her bedroom, go directly north through the palace and through the throne room. To get into her bedroom, get the key from underneath the skull pillow in the throne room. If Mordea is sleeping, DO NOT STEP ON THE CARPET in her room. Carefully walk around the carpet to the closet. Unlock both the closet door and chest with Aramina's key, and take the dagger back to Vividos.
- Watch the Ceremony. Ask if he is the Necromancer and what a Scion is.
Accept his offer to become his apprentice. Agree to get the reagents for him. Ask him what the reagents are and where they are located. If you need help locating the reagents, please see the section called
- If you follow the first turn off to the east on East Road, you will come to an old, run down building with a fire gem in the middle. If you walk into the building, you will fall through the floor and can begin the Slayer Subplot.
- Occasionally, in the NW corner of the East Road map, there are a bunch of ghouls. If they are there, kill 'em! It's easy and increases your strength.