Part 7: Complete Walkthrough -Beginning: Tenebrae
You arrive on the shores of a strange island. There is a man there who
begins talking to you. His name is Devon. He has some very useful information about where you've been "dropped" off. You will learn about something that will be happening on the docks. Perhaps you should check it out.
- If you ask the right questions, or speak to him a second time, Devon will tell you to seek out Bentic the scholar in the Library.
- Double click on the bedroll to roll it up and stick in your backback.
- If you follow the shore all the way to the east and turn north at the
bend, you will come to the city wall. Hidden behind a tree stump there is a box. The key in the box opens a trapped chest that is located on the upper part of the shore. Take the potions, too. Climb up onto the upper part and go to about the middle and follow it to the west until you come to a building. The chest contains a helmet and some death disks on the skeleton's body. To use a death disk, double click on it, then click on your target. It will fly to the target unless something gets in its way. Beware using these in close quarters!
You decide to go in the direction Devon indicates. You come to the Docks. North lies the city of Tenebrae. You notice the city's gates are closed, so you decide to go the the southern end of the Docks to see what's happening. An execution!
- When you approach the execution area, the computer takes over. You
watch as Mordea accuses Torin of blasphemy. She decides to go against
the pact with Lithos and put his body out to the sea. Tarna, the guard, warns her against it, but Mordea orders Shaana to carry through. Shaana then decapitates Toran and Rhian sobs over the body of her husband. After the execution, you are questioned by guards. Answer them as you wish.
- At the foot of the docks are some barrels. One of them contains a box with a dagger and a keyring in it. Equip yourself with the dagger and take the keyring. The other barrel contains a scroll with a reference to the Skull of Quakes (see the section on the Zealan Shrine when it's finished).
You travel north again, and the gates are open this time. The guard on the other side gives you information on the layout of Tenebrae. East is
the richer part of town, where you can find the Library and a Trainer. West is the poor part, where you can find the Tavern and a Smithy. To the north is Mordea's palace, which he warns you against entering. Orlok the barkeep and his barmaid have information on the Necromancer's past and info on another quest (see Ghost Subplot when finished) you can follow.
You decide to seek out Bentic in East Tenebrae. You search and find the library in the northwestern section. From him, you learn much about the world of Pagan. He also gives you information on another man who might be able to help you: Mythran. He is located on the Plateau.
- Bentic is either on the first floor of the library or the second. He
is wearing a green shirt. Ask him about Tenebrae, then about leaving Pagan. Tell him you wish to leave Pagan. Ask about Mythran and where he lives. He lives on the Plateau. To get there, exit East Tenebrea through the gate to the west and out through the Northern gate. Follow the road to the northwest and into a cave. Beware! A troll my be wandering around the cave.
- There are Library books that contain references to: Bonecrusher, the
and the Cheat Room.
- On your way through the palace, go up to the second floor and to the
middle. You will see a platform. Walk towards it and it will rise and
pulsate with magic. This is a Recall Pad. You'll find out what they are
for in the section on Mythran.
- The grey guard towers in Central Tenebrae are loaded with scrolls, simple armor and weapons, potions and some money. If they are locked, jump up and climb onto the bridge connecting the towers. The easiest way to do this is to stand directly under the bridge so it disappears. Next, take small steps to the south until the bridge reappears again. Turn around, press both mouse buttons simultaniously, and hold them down until you're on top.
- Shaana's house in West Tenebrae contains an Axe that you can take and a gem you can sell to Rhian in East Tenebrae. Shaana's house is to the south of the South Entrance Gate.
- DO NOT steal from the armory in the palace or attack any peasants unless you want a swift death!
- If you feel like fighting a troll, there is a way into the little arena. If you walk around to the NW corner of the arena, you will notice a cluster of large mushrooms. A little to the east of them is a patch of ground a little darker than the rest. Walk towards it, and the ground will fall out from underneath you. If you don't fall through with it, just take small steps towards it until you do. There is a bag with 2 fire gems and some junk in it. To get out, pull the lever in the corner with the pile of junk in it to lower the metal wall and walk out. Occasionally, there are two trolls in there, and you can watch the duke it out! :)
- Talk to Beren to learn about Sorcery. His house is a little W of the
East Tenebrae's large central fountain. DO NOT steal from him!! Or if you want to, save your game first! ;)