You awaken to the voice of your old friend Hawkwind telling you that you are once again needed in Britannia. Under his guidance, you learn your ways of the world and make your way to the Gypsy. She gives you a reading to see how you will begin your travels in Britannia. You arrive in Britannia where you left off in your adventures in the Guardian's World of Pagan. You are immediately attacked and teleported to the safety of Stonegate with magical aid of Hawkwind. From here, you must make your way to Lord British in the city of Britain and find out what has happened to the land...
- Click on the glowing ankhs that appear for assistance on what to do in that area of the game. Try and interact with as much as the world as you can to get you used to the game.
- On a table straight out of the bedroom you will find a Toolbelt. There is also a book on this table that tells you what you should do before heading out to see the Gypsy. Take it with you and follow its guidance.
- Your backpack can be found on the middle shelf in the computer room on the first floor. In a chest next to this shelf, you'll find a map of the area around your house. The Gate Key is found next to the computer monitor.
- Your Journal can be found on the living room table. The Compass is on the fireplace mantle.
- Things of Interest on Earth: A cave behind the waterfall; Bandit at picnic area west of Gypsy; a cave south of the picnic area.
- If you open and close the freezer a number of times, you'll get a nice surprise!
- Yes, the rumors are true! You can once again kill Lord British!
- To get to the Gypsy, just follow the trail until you get to her camp. Enter her wagon and sit down on the chair. She'll give you a reading with the Virtue Tarot Cards. Your choices here will determine how the Avatar will start in Britannia. For some help with creating your character, see the Character Generation section of my page.
- Grab your belongings out of the chest to your south.
- You can read the books that look like they stand out on the bookshelf. There's also some on the small tables. Always read books when you come by them. You never know what kind of useful knowledge they will contain.
- There's a dagger in the corner just outside the door. If you started as a character with no weapons, you'll need this until you get to Castle Britain.
- Head down the steps and you'll come to a glowing, red book on a stand. Drag the book onto you, and you now have the Spellbook. Click on the ankh for help on getting past the forcefield.
- Go down the ladder. Click the ankh for help with dispelling the Rat. Get to the switch by jumping across the platforms. This unlocks the door below. There's a pair of leather gauntlets on one of the platforms. There's a red potion in the NE corner in the small area below.
- Go through the now unlocked door. There's a pair of leather boots in a chest on the stairway. Click on the ankh for help getting past the gate. Get on the gold platform and press the red button on the wall.
- Turn the crank on the west wall to lower the water level. Go down and hit the blue button on the small pedestal. There's some gold down here. "Climb" up the new staircase on the south side and go down the newly opened passage.
- The plaque on the wall gives you a clue on how to get rid of the flames blocking your way. Cast Douse on the flames until you're close enough to the braziers to extinguish them. Exit Stonegate.
- Things of Interest around Stonegate: The area outside has rats and wolves that will attack you. You can find spell reagents, potions, and some arrows laying around. There is a chest at the bottom of the pool. You can dispatch the fish with some carefully aimed Stone spells. Swim down and click on it to get some gold. If you go up to the humming statues, you'll hear a chiming sound. Look up and you'll see that the odd purple rune has changed to one of the Virtue symbols. There's one for all 8 Virtues.
- Head to the South side and you'll see a man guarding a teleporter in a cave. Dispatch him and step on the teleporter. (If you've started off with no decent melee weapons, as I did, the Stone spell is very effective here. Drag the Stone Icon onto your toolbelt. You can now hit the appropriate F* button on your keyboard, and a Stone will be cast at wherever you're currently aiming. You can also us the "T"argeting option and spells will attempt to hit the targeted enemy.) You'll be teleported to Lord British's Castle...