Note: This isn't as detailed as the other sections of the walkthrough, because I don't have the time anymore to replay this part of the game and get every detail. It does contain all that you'll need to complete the quest, though. When I do have time again, I'll come back and redo it.
While traveling on East Road, you come across an abandoned building. You accidentally fall through a weak spot in the ground, only to discover you've started a quest to find the legendary Slayer Mace. Ancient Tomes guide you along your way to this devastating weapon.
- Go to East Road, and follow the road north. Take the first turn to the east and continue going east until you come to a ruined building with an amber gem in the middle. Walk into the building and you'll fall through the ground. The only way out now is to complete the quest (unless you have the Recall Item, that is).
- Head west through the door. Continue west to another book, then west to a dead-end. At the dead-end is a door with a bunch of women and a troll on the other side. Get the key in the backpack in the back corner of the little party room. :)
- Return to the raised platform with the book on it, and continue north to a gate with a small building nearby. Go into the building and pull the lever. The steel door comes down and a ghost appears at the doorway.
- Go north then east to the next book. Continue north to the water and jump across, and climb over the raised area in the middle. Cross the stepping stones and head west. Watch out for the Seeker.
- Find a door near a pedestal and unlock it with the key from the dead-end room. (If you don't have the key, you can move the book off the pedestal, climb up on the pedestal and climb over the wall).
- You'll come to an area with a raised platform with a door on the east side. DO NOT go through the door yet. Climb up onto the paltform and get the Slayer Mace. Fall back down and go through the door. You'll find yourself in the NW corner of East Road.