Part 7: Complete Walkthrough - Air
You leave the Shrine with the knowledge that a difficult quest is ahead of you. You've heard from the people you've talked to that the Titans' powers are immense, and now, you must defeat them somehow. You think back to what Mythran told you about having to master all the magics of Pagan in order to leave. You decide that that sounds like a good beginnning, and set of to the island of the healers first: Argentrock Isle. Here you learn the magics of the Air through tests of your mettle and knowledge. If you pass them, you become an Initiate. To become a full Adept, you must strive to hear The Mystic Voice.
- Leave the Zealan Shrine and return to the Upper Catacombs. Head East and a little South. Look for a red hole in the East side of a wall. Double-click the Skull of Quakes and target the red hole. The ground will shake, the screen go black, and you will come to and see a hole in the ground just to your East. Go down the steps here, and through the door to activate a Recall Pad. This makes traveling to some places later much easier! After this, head to the Upper Catacombs 2 and follow the normal path to the bridges over the water. Just after the second bridge is a door to the East. Unlock it with the Key of the Scion and go through. After you come out, go across the bridge to your North and you're now on Argentrock Isle.
- Activate the Recall Pad to the NW of the bridge near some stalagmites. Find Xavier. He's wearing a dark blue vest and gray clothing. He may either be wondering outside, in front of the compound, or he'll be in his house which is along the Northern side inside the compound. He will tell you of the Island and Stratos. Tell him you wish to be enlighened and he will tell you of the first two tests. To pass the Test of Wisdom, you'll need to read the books on the first floor of the large Monastery. Answer his 5 questions, and you're ready for test #2. (I didn't put the answers to Xaviers questions here because getting them is ridiculously easy to do in the game. If the books with the answers aren't in the Monastery, then you don't have the patch installed on your game.)
- Go out the rear exit (around the monstary to the south and the west) and up to the cliffs. Find the small plateau with an Air Symbol on it, climb up it, and walk to the center. Stratos will test your balance. My best tip to give you here is to try and stay in the center of the symbol, and only take NORMAL steps.
- Return to Xavier and tell him you past. He will direct to Stellos. He's not always correct when he tells you where Stellos is. He's either in his home in the South corner of the compound or in the monastery. He has a white robe and carries a staff. Talk to him for a while and learn more of Argentrock and Stratos. Tell him you've past the tests and he will tell you the next step: constructiong your Foci. He will give you a key to the catacombs beneath the Monastery and tell you to see Korick in Tenebrae after you've gotten the silver ore. The entrance to the catacombs is in the back of the Monastery.
- Head south and open the door using Stellos's key. There are many healing potions and scrolls in these catacombs. Go through the electric gates. Go around to the south avoiding creatures. The north way has fire shooters. To the North and you'll see a building. If you want the
Protector Sword (also called Nedra's Needle in a book), use Mythran's "Dispell Magic Portals" scroll and a door will open. Silver ore is found all over the caves. The heaviest concentration of it is in a large open area to the far south. You have to walk through a hard-to see passage to get to it. Here are some screenshots of where silver ore can be found. Recall to Tenebrae once you have at least 8 pieces. (Help: People have been telling me that there is some silver ore in Western Tenebrae down near the water. I have been unable to find these piece. If anyone can get some screenshots of where they are, I would be VERY grateful!) Go to Korick's Blacksmith Shop in West Tenebrae. He's there during Bloodwatch. Have him make a Focus for each spell. Be careful! He will make more than one focus for one spell if you ask him to. Keep track of which ones you've asked for as he makes them! Recall back to Argentrock. Place each focus on the Alter in the Monastery to activate it.
- Talk to Stellos. He will tell you the next test. Return to the Monastery catacombs and turn North this time. Do what you think you should for an injured Torax. Return to Stellos when you've accomplished your goal. You'll learn of Xavier's stolen Focus. Talk to Xavier. When talking to both Stellos and Xavier, make sure you tell them that you've met all the others, also. Speak to Cyrrus. After you speak to him once, cast Hear Truth and speak to him again of Torwin. You'll learn he's at Windy Point. Go confront him. After he's gone, take the Focus and the ring and talk to Xavier. Talk to Stellos again. He tells you to return to Windy Point and take a Leap of Faith. Stand between the pillars and jump. Make your way to the Northwest to Stratos. Learn of the Breath of Wind and get your final Focus. The easiest way to get back is to just use the Recall item to Argentrock. Talk to Stellos and he will congratulate you on becoming a full Adept. He will also tell you where the Breath of Wind is. DO NOT take it yet.
- While becoming an Adept, you've learned that the truth is always right, no matter how painful. Following that belief, you should return Torwin's ring to his mother, Rhian, in East Tenebrae. She's either in her home which is too the west of the large fountain in the center of town, or she's walking around that fountain.