Part 7: Complete Walkthrough - Ether
Now that you've mastered the 3 magics of Pagan (you found out that one could not be learned), it's time to find out how to leave this world. You return to Mythran, and tell him what you found with the Master Sorcerer. He directs you to a book that he makes appear which talks about the other pieces of the Blackrock substance. You talk to Mythran again, and he gives you the final spell: Ethereal Travel.
- Recall to Mythran's and tell him you found something with the Sorcerers. He will make a book appear. It will appear on the second floor under where the Zealan Shield is. Read the book, then talk to Mythran again. Tell him you want to recreate Obelisk, and buy the Ethereal Travel spell from him (250 ob). Read it ONCE and learn of what you need to leave Pagan.
- Heart of Earth: Recall to the Hall of the Mountain King. Go to the Earthen Teleporter to the north. Jump down and go out to Stone Cove. Go to the east and you'll come to a door with walls around it. Unlock it with the Key of the Scion and go through. You're now in the Pit of the Dead. Head south then west and you'll come to a locked building that says "Conventicle of the Dead". Get close to the door so you can see the dirt patch on the other side. Cast Summon Golem on it, and have the Golem open the door. Beware of the Skeletons on either side of the door. Go into the Dirt area. Kill the ghoul that rises, and cast Open Ground. The grave will open up revealing the Heart of Earth. You may have to go down into the grave to get it, or use Aerial Servent.
- The key to the Coventicle is in the Pit of the Dead. Here's the directions for those of you who want to see the sights of the Pit:
When you first enter, go North. You'll pass a bunch of rolling spheres. Turn west and walk around the lava pit. Continue west and you'll have to climb up a ledge. Continue west and you'll come to another lava pit to the south. (If you turn North after you climb up, then head west, you'll come to the other entrance to the Lower Catacombs. This is the other way to the Cheat Room. It lies to the far NE.) Head around the lava pit to the west, then south. Jump across to the other side. Go past the rolling sphere to the south and pull the lever. The gate in the middle will lower. Jump to the middle. Make your way to the western side, drop down, and head north. Pull the SWITCH on the wall to lower the gate on the tomb. The key is in a box on the body. To the north is the passage to the Lower Catacombs, too. Go back the same way you entered Stone Cove.
- Tear of the Seas: Recall to Tenebrae and talk to Devon. Tell him you need the Blackrock fragment. Describe it to him, and say that you want to see what he found while he was fishing. He will give you the key to the chest in his study and offer you accomodations (If you don't have any money, and still need to buy Ethereal Travel from Mythran, there's 300 coins in Salkind's house). Go get the Tear of the Seas.
- Breath of Wind: Recall to Argentrock. Go to Windy Point and cast Air Walk between the pillars. Jump and wait for it to wear off. Make your way to Stratos. She will speak to you again. Cast Reveal and the Breath of Wind will appear on a pedestal to the North. Use Aerial Servent to retrieve it. Stratos may speak to you again. Return to the Isle and speak to Stellos, Cyrrus, and Xavier, and tell them you have the Breath of Wind (the patch allows you to still be able to cast spells after you take the BoW. Without the patch, you can't).
- With all five Blackrock pieces, read the Ether spellbook again, and you will be teleported to the Ethereal Realm.