Part 7: Complete Walkthrough - Water
Next, you decide to visit Hydros in her underground home of Carthax Lake. Knowing she is trapped here, you have no fear as you make your way to her shrine in the center of the cavern. You ask her for her gift of Tempestry. She agrees to give them to you if you do her one small favor. With this favor completed, you learn the true nature of a Titan.
- Return to the Upper Catacombs via the Recall Item and head for the Upper Catacombs 2. Go across the bridges and through the narrow passage. Head Southeast immediately after the passage. There may be a lava pit here. Jump over it and continue SE, through a narrow passage, until you come to an electric gate. Go through and head south to a gate and a switch. Pull the switch to lower the gate, unlock the door with the Key of the Scion, and enter Carthax Lake.
- Go East and activate the Recall Pad.
- Go around to the southern end of the pit. You may find reagents along the way. Just as the pit starts following around to the North again, there will be a stone bridge. Follow it to the center plateau (you will have to jump at the broken places). Follow the inside shoreline around to the east to a white bridge. Go to the center, and talk to Hydros. She tells you to Open the ground at the tomb of her capturer's lover.
- Head back across the bridges and follow the southern wall west until you come to a cave. Enter, run past the troll, and through the second cave. Continue west until you come to a troll at an encampment. You can kill the troll by repeatedly luring it into the fire (talk about dumb ;). After you've done that, there are some coins in a bag in one of the barrels, and some magic armguards on a skeleton near the sword.
- Go back east then north to a spiked wall. Climb over at the break in the spikes. Go north to a gated wall. Pull the southern lever to lower the gate and climb through. Run past the troll, and as you approach the next gate, it will lower. If you haven't gotten any yet, there are some magic leggings to the north.
- Turn south after the gate rises, then west, then north then east to a stone archway. If you turn south instead of north, and go past the fire shooters, you'll come to a chest with death disks, food, and potions.
- Go through the stone archway, north to Alexis' tomb, and cast Open Ground. Recall back to Carthax Lake, and you'll see the storms have started again. Talk to Hydros again, and learn of her double-crossing. Recall back to Tenebrea and talk to Devon and tell him what you've done. He will reluctantly suggest where you should go next.